Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting new opportunity for an Estimator. The purpose of this position is to manage the function of securing additional estimating and technical expertise within the Manufacturing Engineering department, in support of continued growth.
- Generate accurate and detailed R&O and Component Manufacturing estimates in accordance with MAM standard procedures and practices.
- Interact within the department and create optimized and competitive estimates.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal departments.
- Review and select new technology and equipment needed for estimating purposes.
- Create high-level NPI project plans, capacity charts, reports and other documentation required by customer as part of the estimating package.
- Perform various tasks as needed
- Degree/ College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Estimating, Process Planning or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of aerospace drawings, specifications and manufacturing practices
- Ability to create high-level process plans for R&O and Component Manufacturing in accordance with customer drawings, manuals and specifications
- Candidates who are chosen for the position will need to pass a security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a Contract Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)