Prepare quantity take-off and cost estimates for projects over $50k to furnish and install multiple product lines as manufactured by the company. Perform project management of awarded contracts including material ordering, scheduling, installation vendor selection and oversight.
- Complete understanding of multiple product lines as manufactured and/or purchased by company. Including assembly methods.
- Understanding of the construction process, means and methods
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural and structural drawings, specifications, sketches, and construction documentation.
- Confer with Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Owners Representatives and/or Sub-Contractors in order to determine the scope of work required.
- Detail oriented and very organized, maintain neat and clean work area.
- Prepare quantity take-off from construction documentation provided.
- Analyze the project requirements and define the application of the product.
- Apply the correct unit cost for materials, labor and additional services, when required.
- Define the correct materials
- Uses good time management skills to complete project tasks and meet established due dates.
- Create accurate, detailed estimates using Proposal form in MS Excel format.
- Perform project management of successful proposals including material ordering, coordination of deliveries and installation/subcontractor award.
- Maintain cost control monitoring and reporting of individual assigned projects, including oversight of customer invoicing.
- Manage closeout process of assigned projects.
- Participate in and/or conduct special studies to develop cost data related to hourly production and component assemblies in ongoing effort to effect cost reduction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of one to three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Intermediate computer skills required including a proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)