The purpose of this position is to secure additional estimating expertise within the Manufacturing Engineering department, in support of continued growth.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Generate and complete cost estimates using Applied Learning Curve and approved MAM estimating practices.
• Evaluate estimate performance on awarded bids.
• Provide technical assistance to Process Planners were required.
• Provide technical support to Procurement as required.
• Oversee and check work of Junior Estimator and Planners.
• With focus on obtaining the best out of the current resources and core capability.
• Achieve accurate and doable cost estimates compliant to MOS standards.
• Provide expert technical advice over many disciplines in relation to component manufacture or repair and overhaul operations.
• Thorough knowledge and interpretation of engineering blueprints
• Experience with estimating software
• Hands on experience with machining and fabricating processes and applied learning curve
• MS Project
• Degree/ College Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in specific aerospace estimating quotation on complex machined and fabricated parts
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!