endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
JOB SUMMARY: The Estimator position is responsible for providing professional level estimating support in a fast-paced environment. This position will provide accurate, organized and responsive cost estimates related to materials, labor and time to satisfy internal / external customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculates labor, material and time requirements as they relate to proposals, blueprints, engineering drawings and other specifications within a job shop environment
- Calculates estimated production time and man-hours required to carry out the work in accordance with customer scope and industry standards
- Develop cost estimates of materials and work performed internally
- Maintains current production labor rates and material cost data necessary to produce quote
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Ability to interpret customer drawings and specs from a variety of industries to incorporate into a detailed quote
- 2-4 years of related experience in a job shop fabrication environment with a focus on fabrication/welding and/or machining
- Combination of education and relevant work experience considered
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints / engineering drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively to build/develop internal and external customer relationships
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic relevant computer skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Adept at prioritizing multiple tasks/projects
- Sensitive to customer needs and deadlines
- Must be resourceful and a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Previous work experience as a CNC Machinist and /or Welder/Fitter in a medium to heavy fabrication environment