Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Estimator role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
This role will have primary responsibility for the development of cost estimates to support manufacturing methods and special processes for complex machined and fabricated assemblies with a focus on available technology. Developed estimates will need to support maximum cost effectiveness and accuracy of manufacturing processes and workflow. Other inputs and actions may include producibility studies, design to cost assessments, and should-cost analysis.
Key duties for this position include completing complete new-business opportunity estimates; performing operational performance reviews on previous bids; performing design to cost estimates for development programs; and participating in the New Product Introduction process as a key team member.
- Review customer requirements for new opportunities to determine the optimum manufacturing processes and equipment required.
- Develop detail cost estimates to produce the customer requirements in the most cost-effective manner, including New Product Introduction and assessments for PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, and SPC.
- Develop make-buy strategies to support current bid opportunities.
- Analyze and assemble historical cost data for follow-on business opportunities.
- Research and analyze opportunities for process improvements with machine and equipment suppliers.
- Provide Project management support to the estimating process through leading the multi-functional team to gather inputs (Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Engineering).
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams with focus on cost reduction, quality improvement, and increased financial performance.
Experience & Academic Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Aerospace Manufacturing is required.
- Experience in a machining and fabrications environment.
- Experience with financial costing (preferred).
- CET or P.Eng accreditation (preferred).
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary program (e.g. Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering).
- We are willing to consider candidates who do not meet the academic requirements if they have sufficient shop floor/manufacturing experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong CAD skills are required. CATIA/NX modelling platforms will be considered an asset.
- Experience with computer based estimating systems.
- Experience with SEER for Manufacturing (preferred).
- Ability to review blueprints, interrogate models, and interpret customer specifications.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to analyze performance data and summarize for presentation.
- Strong mathematical skills and strong financial/costing mindset.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Concise communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.