Please send all resumes to:email@example.com
The estimator is an experienced, forward thinking professional who owns the estimating process and is responsible for producing timely and accurate estimates for the installation, maintenance and snow divisions. The position requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, logical cause and effect thinking, ability to create and follow processes, prioritizing and working within deadlines, and a high degree of accountability.
1. Read and interpret drawings and specifications and prepare estimates accordingly.
2. Prepare proposal, drawings and supporting documentation for sales associate (sales presentation packet).
3. Prepares job file contents including – work order, drawings, details, specifications, site photos/maps, PO’s, permits/approvals, subcontractors, equipment and other resources, update estimate status as needed.
4. Sets up jobs in LMN time for proper tracking and billing.
5. Participates in transition meeting to transition sold jobs to production.
6. Communicates with sales and production to ensure efficient completion of all jobs.
7. Communicates with finance to ensure proper estimate/invoicing of all jobs. Proper recording and costing of change orders, T&M items, allowances.
8. Prepares and processes change orders.
9. Reviews job cost and production reports to ensure production rates and material calculations are accurate; investigates and adjusts as needed
10. Maintains estimating system and related components.
11. Develops and documents estimating SOPs to ensure accurate and timely estimating
12. Supports the company’s mission, goals, and strategies.
13. Assists with other duties for the good of team members and the company.
Experience and Qualifications
• Two or four year degree in landscape, horticulture, construction or related field, plus two years experience as an estimator in the landscape, horticulture, construction or related industry.
• Two years field/production experience in landscape, horticulture or construction.
• Working knowledge of construction practices used in landscape design/build/maintenance.
• Reading/interpreting construction documentation including: plan sets, detail drawings, specifications, grading/elevations, measuring and takeoffs.
• Candidate must be proficient in the use of computers and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge of LMN software is preferred.
• Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
This position requires that the individual currently possess or become certified within one year of employment as follows:
• Ohio Nursery & Landscaping Association Certification (OCNT); or NALP Certified (LIC)
• Valid state of Ohio Drivers License
• First aid / cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; sit; balance; carry; climb; finger; grasp; pull; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; see; close; far; depth; color; keyboard; phone; answer; interview. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the Ohio Driver’s License requirements.
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to pets.
The employee will work closely with management, salespersons, landscape designers, production managers, department heads, and clients.