The Estimator will assist the sales team and company builders by accurately and efficiently estimating building system prices based on our quote proposal documents, company policies and standards.
- Provide coordination on daily quote activities by reviewing and recommending economical solutions to various sales requests.
- Manage the schedule demands as set forth by the customers, sales team, and other members of the estimating department to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Supply accurate, concise, and well qualified proposals while utilizing an effective application of the custom developed estimating software.
- Assisting in the checking of other team members' work to ensure accuracy of all estimates.
- Fielding phone calls from District Sales Managers and Builders regarding project scope, qualifications, and estimates
- Generating accurate take-offs for building materials that are not manufactured by the company
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and CAD program and MBS Software
- Minimum 3 years of experience in steel construction and/or non-residential construction related field
- Work experience must include Reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings and generating accurate material take-offs utilizing architectural and structural drawings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering Technology/Construction Management
- Knowledge of estimating software