Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York focuses on complex, high-precision, structural and landing gear components mainly made out of steel and titanium (plate and forgings).
We are looking for a full-time Estimator/Cost Engineer. The successful incumbent will work with Engineering to estimate setup & cycle time of machining operations (turning, milling, mill-turn, 3-5 axis), inspection/CMM, and assembly of products.
- Work with Engineering to estimate setup & cycle time of machining operations (turning, milling, mill-turn, 3-5 axis), inspection/CMM, and assembly of products.
- Estimate part manufacturing methodology by Interpreting drawing specifications, Parts Lists and MBD of structural details and assemblies.
- Create financial bid model templates in support of RFQs for upper management review.
- Contact suppliers for quotations of subcontracted components/operations, and processing.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and other departments to identify areas of improvement.
- Support with creating manufacturing plans, bill of materials and part masters in our ERP system.
- 2 years degree in mechanical engineering and/or 2-5 years of hands-on experience preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite, CAD/CAM software, CNC programming and machining multi-axis parts experience is beneficial (3, 4, and 5-axis and HMC, VMC)
- Knowledge of GD&T, interpreting Engineering data and Hands-on machining and measuring experience is beneficial.
- Ability to use an ERP/MRP system is preferred.
- Samples of previous accomplishments/certifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills.
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Competitive salary
- Attractive and comprehensive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)