Magellan Aerospace, New York has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time permanent Estimator/Cost Engineer. The successful incumbent will be proficient in Microsoft Suite, CAD/CAM software, CNC programming and machining multi-axis parts and work with Engineering to estimate setup & cycle time of machining operations.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Work with Engineering to estimate setup & cycle time of machining operations (turning, milling, mill-turn, 3-5 axis), inspection/CMM, and assembly of products.
- Estimate part manufacturing methodology by Interpreting drawing specifications, Parts Lists and MBD of structural details and assemblies.
- Create financial bid model templates in support of RFQs for upper management review.
- Contact suppliers for quotations of subcontracted components/operations, and processing.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and other departments to identify areas of improvement.
- Support with creating manufacturing plans, bill of materials and part masters in our ERP system.
- 2 years degree in Mechanical Engineering or 3-5 years of hands-on experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Provide any samples of previous accomplishments/certifications.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience with CAD/CAM is preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T and interpreting Engineering data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Ability to use ERP/MRP system
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.