Estimator - Renovations
Estimator - Renovations
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Creating, managing, and maintaining detailed takeoffs, estimates, and budgets for projects in
PlanSwift, Excel, and Buildertrend. Interface with plan design and participate in plan reviews. Participate in client meetings, on-site quality checks, and construction progress checks. Contribute to the company's continuous improvement efforts. Develop and document processes and procedures for estimating function. Participate in the decision-making process for the business. Update estimating source data with regard to materials and methods Estimating and documenting change orders as projects develop. Negotiate agreements with subcontractors. Estimate cost of construction for new and existing product, resulting in accurate job cost, via compiling material and labor unit price takeoffs, bids from vendors, and performing other estimates.
Research and help eliminate all material, trade contractor, and estimating related variances Invoicing for down payments, bank draws, and progress payments.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Qualified candidates will have earned a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management,
Engineering or related discipline preferred. * At least three (5) years of construction estimation work experience is highly desired.
- A well developed knowledge of materials, methods and costs involved in the construction of residential single-family homes.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, problem-solving, and reporting skills needed.
- Proficiency in estimation and budget development at all phases of a project with varying amounts of available information is required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction drawings and blueprints required.
- Strong communication, documentation and listening skills are essential.
- Must be confident in the ability to communicate with subcontractors, work efficiently, and generate accurate and meaningful budgets.
- An ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness, accuracy, and precision.
- Strong knowledge of construction budgeting and estimating software is required.
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Click here to apply online