Our client is one of the fastest growing Design-Build GC’s in Boston and they are looking to hire an Estimator.
Their office is a gorgeous, spacious open-plan, timber brick-and-beam mill building with a downtown vibe. This location provides the unique advantages of being surrounded by some of the best architects, designers, restauranteurs, artists, and marketers in the City. This is not your average contractor – these guys build the coolest projects in Boston. They are the ”go to” contractors for folks who want to work in a modern, fast-paced exciting environment. As with most of our clients, we know this firm very well and can give you an in-depth briefing on the position, company, the Culture, and its dynamic President and Exec Team.
For over 25 years they have been specializing in luxury urban residential construction while also performing high-end office fit out and ground-up work. With offices in Boston, New York and Cape Cod they are growing at a rapid pace. With this growth comes a need to expand their pre-construction team.
This is why we need a top-notch Estimator. Given the custom nature of their projects, there is a high level of communication and customer service forged between client, architect, designer, subcontractor and builder to determine cost estimates. At a minimum, these are multimillion dollar custom projects so this is not your stock standard estimating position. Each project will be unique to the client so there’s never a dull moment.
The ideal candidate is working in a similar role for a local design-build firm and is ready for a change. Our client is offering a challenging, fulfilling and rewarding career. Great company culture and dynamic environment with lots of energy. Joining this team means you’ll be working with smart construction professionals building some of the most gorgeous projects in New England and New York City.
- Best of Boston, Prism, New England Home, Preservation, BRICC Awards winner
- Work with some of the most prestigious architects in the Boston and New York
- A dynamic, energetic team of construction professionals
- Position is due to growth - they have a 25year track record so it’s a great place to build a career for yourself
- Competitive salary and compensation packages
- Proven experience estimating projects in the $5-$15M range in the above-mentioned market sectors
- Provide estimating for building luxury custom residential, multifamily, and institutional/commercial projects
- Obtain all project bid packets, specs and blueprints/plans as necessary
- Read blueprints/plans and determine material and labor and other requirements for projects
- Compute cost factors, prepare estimates or bid for each project through specialized bidding software and selects vendors and/or subcontractors as needed.
- Provide a working environment that is flexible and collaborative.
Compensation is a guide and will be determined by experience.
Interested, want to know more - the first step, email me with a copy of your resume and directions on how to best reach you.
I will be happy to answer any questions that you have. colm @ construction-recruiters.com
Click here to apply online