Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Estimating Supervisor to join our client’s growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com
- Assist the company sales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the activities of the Estimating Department.
- Work with the Estimating Group to provide complete, timely, and well-qualified cost estimates and proposals.
- Work with our customers, District Sales Managers, and others to create safe, and economical project design solutions while considering the economic impact based on metal building price, erection concerns, and total cost of construction.
- Provide technical expertise over the telephone as well as in face-to-face meetings with customers and DSMs.
- Work with Estimators to screen quotes with unique scope requirements from the standpoint of business risk, product application and most economical solution.
- Maintain Estimating System(s) and ensure the Estimators use current design methods and philosophies as well as the most current cost model and pricing data.
- Develop and manage the Estimating Departmental budget including, but not limited to staffing, overtime requirements, expenditures for supplies and equipment, and wage increases for employees.
- Develop the members of the Estimating Group beyond the basic functions of estimating including, but not limited to, business acumen, people skills, etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong professional and personal working relationship with Sales and Operations departments
- Constantly and effectively communicate necessary information to internal and external customers.
- Travel when necessary, sometimes on short notice for project meetings.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- 3+ years of metal building design experience either pre-sale or post-sale
- P.E. registration or the ability to obtain such within a reasonable time
- Previous Estimating, Engineering or Construction Leadership experience.