Our construction team is currently searching for an Estimating Manager to join an established $100 million+ mechanical construction firm that works in Virginia and North Carolina.
The Estimating Manager will work with the Business Unit Directors to prepare estimates and bid packages to capture new work. This includes planning, coordinating, and supervising the company’s estimating department and providing administrative and technical direction.
- Manage and develop strategies and operational goals for the Estimating Department
- Develop metrics to measure progress towards estimating goals
- Negotiating and successfully navigating bids and adhering to deadlines
- Implementing estimating software as part of modeling, bidding, and evaluating cost
- Managing a team including setting expectations, determining training needs and managing individual performance
- Extensive experience in mechanical contracting including plumbing, ductwork, insulation, controls, and other areas
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing people in a team and ability to manage multiple projects
- Deadline oriented and advanced time-management skills
- Experience with estimating software and excel
If you or someone you know is looking to join a firm that is committed to charitable giving and has a family first company culture, please reach out using the information below!