Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Engineer;
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To manage the sales estimating and bid preparation activities for the Operating Division in conjunction with the Commercial team In line with the diversification and strategic direction of the business across the values Streams.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To oversee the preparation and compilation of bids for new business in response to requests for proposals
- To liaise with Engineering, Finance and Purchasing teams in order to prepare robust proposals for customers which will maximise profitability
- To assist in the development of best practice estimating practices, ie standard cost modelling etc
- To present bids to customers/potential customers, explain costing principles and sell the organisation’s capability and competitiveness
- Working in conjunction with the Operating Division’s management team, identify and develop new business opportunities from existing customers
- To contribute to the development of long term and short term business plans and sales forecasting activities on behalf of the Operating Division
- To participate in commercial activities on behalf of the Operating Division, ie contract preparation, liaising with Group Commercial team and corporate lawyers etc. as required.
- To conduct customer visits and reviews and develop long term relationships with key customers.
- To gather, analyse and interpret market intelligence and customer feedback on bids (ie successful vs unsuccessful) and recommend strategies which will enable the conversion of unsuccessful bids to secured new business opportunities in future
- Maintain all relevant data in the Epicor CRM system
- Support the BD meeting regimen to discuss opportunities, progress and future direction
- To review sales and estimating activities on a regular basis with the Head of Sales/management team.
- Demonstrable continuous professional development. Formal management qualifications or certificates.
- Relationship management.
- Considerable experience in the aerospace manufacturing, engineering and related industries.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Tooling and manufacturing desirable.
- Experience within the aerospace industry. Understanding approvals, materials, processes etc.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft office suite and Epicor MRP System
- Commercial acumen in accordance to the principal responsibilities listed within the job description.
- Can read technical drawings and interrogate 3D models
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets
- Ability to organise own work load.
- Has flexible attitude towards the role.
- Ability to work as part as a team whilst using own initiative to make autonomous decisions.
- Ability to motivate other employees and drive towards objective completion.
- Timely preparation of quotes to customers, at appropriate prices which will secure new business.
- Must possess first class communication skills and be able to negotiate effectively with customers to secure new business opportunities.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!