EQUIPMENT ANALYST – GREAT WHITE FLEET
Supervisor: Senior M&R Equipment Manager
The Senior Equipment Analyst is part of the Global Equipment team and is assisting the Equipment Manager. The department oversees the fleet of containers, chassis and gensets of the company.
Invoicing and costs control:
- Check and register all invoices related to Equipment (+/- 100 per month).
- Prepare back up files for the payment review and check payment report.
- Answer any requests from suppliers related to payments: past due invoices, payments application, etc.
- Recover costs of equipment damaged or written off, when there is a 3rd party responsible.
Support to accounting:
- Accruals and Off-Hire costs: support Accounting on those topics and update the related tracking file on a monthly basis.
- Gather and check intercompany off-hire repair costs in Central America on a monthly basis.
Equipment IT system:
- Ensure data integrity in the IT system – various checks to be performed regularly.
- Make necessary updates and corrections whenever needed, based on various operational activities: on-hire, off-hire, sale, write off, etc.
- Track the idle equipment (no movement for more than 90 days) and follow-up with all divisions to ensure that the Equipment is not lost nor stolen.
- Support the team on various operational tasks: on-hire, off-hire, sales, repositioning, …
- Process all cases related to accidents and heavy damages (decision to repair or not, identify responsible party, costs recharge, ...).
- Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related functional area.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in business administration, preferably in a shipping/logistics environment.
- Administrative Skills: invoices control, basic knowledge in accounting, databases or IT system updates, keeping well-organised files and records of business activity, interacting with suppliers by phone or email, etc.
- Proficient in Excel
- Previous experience using an ERP system is desirable.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, oral and written.
- Driver´s License.
Click here to apply online
- Ability to learn fast and to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Self-driven, autonomous. Not afraid to take initiatives.
- Able to meet deadlines and to take any necessary actions to hit targets.
- Very well organized and able to work on multiple tasks.
- Able to manage priorities (time management) and to work fast.
- Detail-oriented, precise, meticulous.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good coordination and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Team oriented.