Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for an Environmental Technician Level I. The successful incumbent will operate and maintain the wastewater (WWTP) and sewage treatment (STP) plants. The Environmental Technician Level I will also serve as a back-up operator for our landfill site.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Operate, maintain, and clean the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Operate and maintain the Sewage Treatment Plant Perform settleability studies on waste streams
- Collect effluent samples as per MOE established protocol and prepare samples for shipment to outside laboratory
- Calibrate flow monitors
- Keep records of sampling/flow monitoring per MOE requirements
- Keep records for WWTP and STP per MOE requirements
- Perform waste audits within the plant to reduce waste
- Sample surface water and ground water from the landfill site
- Candidates must be a graduate of a post-secondary environmental technician program as a minimum.
- Previous experience in wastewater treatment preferred
- Valid Ministry of the Environment Level I or Level II Water Treatment Operator’s License preferred
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!