Job Title: Environmental Supervisor
Location: Cedar Springs, Georgia
Basic Job Functions:
The Company has an opening for the position of Environmental Supervisor for our Cedar Springs, Georgia, conduit plant. The Environmental Supervisor will interact with all teammates to ensure plant understanding and compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and policies. The Environmental Supervisor facilitates sustainability training, goals, and projects. The position develops and provides practical training, reports critical regulatory requirements, and participates in corporate environmental initiatives. Additional duties include ISO 14001 management, project management, and community outreach.
The Environmental Supervisor will manage a team to ensure successful operations of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and waste management. The Environmental Supervisor will report to the Environmental Manager, who supports multiple tubular facilities. As part of the Tubular Environmental Team, this role will work with the team to share ideas and resources and strengthen the environmental group of multiple facilities.
Safety is essential to all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must always demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university in engineering, environmental, or sustainability.
- Five years of experience in environmental compliance, air pollution control, and wastewater treatment operations. Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations (air, water, hazardous waste).
Detailed Selection Criteria:
The successful candidate:
- Leadership: The ability to motivate, manage and lead the environmental team and the operation teammates in environmental programs.
- Environmental Compliance: The ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety and environmental practices, policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Communication Skills: The ability to listen to and understand information and expectations and effectively convey information and ideas in a way that others will understand.
- Organizational/Project Management Skills: The ability to be attentive to detail, organized, and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyze/Strategic Thinking: Experience analyzing a situation and reviewing related information to identify problems quickly and accurately, evaluate options, make decisions, and implement solutions.
- Teamwork: The ability to work cooperatively and proactively to help others and work as part of a coordinated effort to achieve a common goal.
- Experience in environmental compliance in a manufacturing or other industrial environment. Experience with implementation and maintenance of an ISO14001 or equivalent EMS.
Click here to apply online