please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Departmental Expectations of Employee:
- Identifies and participates in continually evolving legal and regulatory requirements and in the development & implementation of effective solutions;
- Monitors, measures and reports on environmental performance and participates in corrective/preventive actions as necessary;
- Participates in the identification and development of hazard identifications, risk assessments and effective operational control procedures for significant risks;
- Develops and implements emergency response procedures. Responds as appropriate to emergency situations and provides judgment for mitigating the situation and minimizing any adverse effects;
- Participates as appropriate in “Incident Investigations” and provides judgment for determining the root cause of the situation and in the development & implementation of effective solutions;
- Identifies, develops and provide where appropriate EHSMS training;
- Leads internal continual improvement teams and support associated practice development
- Manages document control and records management practices;
- Manages the internal and external auditing process including corrective/preventive actions;
- Assures inspections, monitoring and/or recordkeeping requirements are being conducted and documented;
- Assures compliance with all company policies.
- Supports continual improvement initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
- Manages the federal, state and local environmental regulatory processes; including permitting and permit renewals and negotiations and implementations and/or non-compliance enforcement situations.
- Interfaces with inside and/or outside legal counsel and consultants to develop strategies and solutions to regulatory issues.
- Investigates potential noncompliance situations with plant personnel and/or regulatory agents and problem solves for effective solutions.
- Manages the preparation, review and submission of periodic monitoring reports, including notifications and fees.
- Manages plant’s accounting activities for environmental spending.
- Manages special projects (oversee 3rd party contractors, manage budget, etc.)