Work is a combination of office-based project management and that which is conducted in the field to observe, oversee, survey, collect data and/or work in a natural environment. Out of hours and/or travel is associated with this role.
Experience, qualifications & personal attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in ecology, environmental science or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role; supported by strong technical skills in proposal writing, review reports and project management within scope, budget and timeframes.
- Evidence-based successful business development and client liaison skills with proven ability to achieve fundamental targets and objectives and delivery of administrative and reporting functions in a service driven organisation.
- Strong reporting and proposal writing including demonstrated ability to write detailed pest animal strategies and technical plans; supported by proven data analysis and technical report writing skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of organisations products and value proposition (or ability to rapidly acquire same).
- Experience across multiple industries including: local, state or commonwealth government, natural resource management organisations, consultancies and contractors.
- Knowledge of commonwealth, Queensland and interstate biosecurity legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other programs relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team to meet objectives in accordance with the Sure Group policies and procedures with a commitment to zero-harm in the workplace.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues with management, employees and co-workers at all levels.
- A proactive, professional and customer-focused approach with the ability to influence and negotiate effective outcomes with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Proven ability to achieve fundamental targets and objectives and in the delivery of administrative and reporting functions where there are competing priorities in a service driven organisation.
- A high level of initiative with a preparedness to learn and adopt new technology, work practices, systems and procedures; underpinned by an ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to maintain equilibrium, make decisions, be flexible in responding to changing priorities, work unsupervised, accept responsibility and act on directives with professional discretion.
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely and cost-efficient manner; underpinned by sound technical competence.
- Self-motivated, passionate, friendly, proactive, professional, positive attitude; reliable and punctual with a high level of integrity and a sound understanding of appropriate behaviors in the workplace.
- Post graduate qualifications.
- Practical experience environmental science or natural resource management with environmental management techniques being highly desirable.
- Exposure to NetSuite or other ERP platforms
- Demonstrated successful experience in stakeholder consultation and community engagement