The Environmental Professional role has dual reporting relationship to the Environmental Manager and Plant Manager. Multiple plant responsibilities.
- Participate in developing and managing annual environmental budget and CAPEX Plan.
- Identify environmental improvement opportunities and requirements to optimize costs.
- Assess the environmental impact of plant operations and develop and propose an improvement program and action plan to continuously improve.
- Assist in maintaining environmental permit compliance, including applying for permit modifications and renewals.
- Prepare reports to be submitted to regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
- Manage relationships with regulatory inspectors and local community.
- Submit environmental reports to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure plant equipment and instrumentation are operating in accordance with regulations.
- Attend community meetings to review and provide feedback regarding plant operations
- Manage environmental documentation process to demonstrate regulatory compliance (procedures, training, recordkeeping, etc.).
- Coordinate environmental sampling activities for air, water, and waste.
- Coordinate periodic environmental audits to evaluate current performance.
- Analyze and report on daily environmental performance.
- Contribute to the development of equipment start-up, shutdown, and malfunction procedures.
- Coordinate the testing of emergency response procedures.
- Manage environmental projects.
- Provide plant-specific technical support to influence regulatory changes.
- Communicate with and train plant employees on regulatory requirements and plant specific procedures for compliance.
- Complete all work in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain awareness of surroundings at all times and perform work in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or relevant field
- Three to five years of related environmental or industry experience
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations
- Knowledge of proper contacts and avenues for information, materials, and assistance at regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry, especially quality control procedures preferred
- Working knowledge of PCs and computer software
- Attention to detail and excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local requirements
Cement & Lime