Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Environmental Operations Specialist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance to Magellan’ s Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Company policy through conducting compliance audits, monitoring and maintaining pollution prevention systems, maintaining environmental databases, tracking hazardous materials, and supporting training initiatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop, manage and maintain Environmental Management System core elements to ensure compliance with ISO 14001 standard for continued certification.
- Maintain facility compliance with air, water, waste, remediation, land use and hazardous materials legislation.
- Manage and prepare environmental data and reports for submission to Magellan’s corporate office, local, provincial and federal regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate continual improvement project work with other departments..
- Perform technical studies in identifying, measuring, monitoring and mitigating environmental risks and liabilities.
- Mentor, train and direct MAW personnel on environmental awareness programs and initiatives.
- Support Safety Data Sheets (SDS) programs through reviews for new and existing products and other tasks as required.
- Quality control of reports and assessments of sampling work; assess results of previous sampling and remediation work and provide recommendation.
- Liaison between MAW, regulatory agencies and third parties, including risk analysis and mitigation planning
- Assist with scheduling and participation in incident investigations, inspections and Emergency Response Plans.
- Co-ordinate, train and support the Emergency Response planning around Chemical and Hazardous Waste. Key support and required participation with the Emergency Response Team.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Required to interact with all level of management, including Senior Management to shop floor supervision.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Degree in Environmental Science or related curriculum.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 standard and application; knowledge of all relevant regulatory statutes, legislation, and regulations.
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office applications.
- First Aid / CPR a minimum with knowledge of and experience in medical emergency response.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation and report writing skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.