Profile: The objective of the Environmental Manager (EM) is to spearhead problem solving efforts to increase environmental awareness throughout the plant. The EM is the steward for the entire plant and is responsible for driving continuous improvements in all areas. The EM leads by example by providing and coordinating support and managing the environmental improvement processes for all areas.
The Environmental Manager within AEX requires technical and interpersonal skills essential to teamwork. Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Environmental activities reduce risk, eliminate incidents, and are performed within external regulatory requirements and internal management guidelines.
- Developing, implementing, and documenting E programs in accordance with Local, State, and Federal EPA and OSHA requirements; and in compliance of company and city policies and management systems.
- Preparing, submitting, and documenting all EPA Requirements, up to but not limited SARA 311, 312, and 313 Annual Reports, Hazardous Waste Generators Annual Report, and Air Emissions Annual Inventory Report, semi-annual and annual compliance air reports.
- Providing accurate submission and completion of all Lafayette incident reporting to city leadership and company within designated deadlines and reporting process guidelines.
- Preparing and submitting all city and company required monthly and quarterly performance index reports and metrics.
- Developing, conducting, overseeing and supervising Environmental Training, including external regulatory and internal management programs.
- Providing approvals for procurement of Waste Characterization and Disposal, and any other Environmental vendors as required.
- Managing onsite waste contractor to ensure compliance, progress toward zero landfill and cost reductions.
- Implementing and Maintaining the ISO14001 EMS and certification.
- Developing Effective permit strategies that support the business.
- Ensuring Adherence to Remedial Action plans.
- Acquiring and maintaining accredited training needed in areas related to Environmental for training, report submittal, and general awareness.
- Liaison for city and company, regulatory agencies, and outside vendors in Environmental areas.
- Ensuring environmental permit conditions are understood, implemented and enforced.
- Ensuring supervisors and department employees attend all required Environmental training.
The Environmental Manager is to be accountable for results in the areas of People Development, Cost Control and Quality using ABS systems such as TPM, Kaizen, problem-solving, daily Management, 5S etc.
The Environmental Manager will engage the resources at his/her disposal to meet the department objectives in support of the business objectives. These objectives will be achieved without sacrificing a spirit of cooperation with other areas.
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or a similar field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Strong environmental background and experience in Title V, PSD.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work accurately and to work with cross-functional teams effectively
- Ability to lead and drive cultural change in a positive manner, influencing others on new concept
- Experience with (and understanding of) lean manufacturing techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings (shop floor, peers, plant leadership, etc.)