Magellan Aerospace Corporate Office has an exciting opportunity for EHS & Management Systems Analyst. The successful candidate's main focus will be to support corporate stewardship and operational excellence programs, through various corporate councils, including Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Export Compliance and Continuous Improvement. Activities additionally include internal auditing and facilitating continuous improvement workshops across the Magellan divisions.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Analyzes metrics to effect performance improvement in the areas of Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety management and makes recommendations
• Implements and maintains the Corporate Export Management & Compliance Manual
• Supervises Export Compliance monitoring & measuring, audit programs and performs audits
• Keeps current with applicable Environmental, Health & Safety, and Export Compliance laws and regulations affecting Magellan operations in Canada, the U.S, and the U.K.
• Leads in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, tools & methods to comply with customer specifications, regulatory body regiments and applicable international standards and provides training
• Supports the development of the Magellan lean six sigma program
• Facilitates continuous improvement events across the corporation.
• Provides assistance to various corporate councils
c Leads cross-divisional working groups in support of business goals
• Provides assistance in the flow down of corporate policies to the divisions
• 2-5 years related experience
• Knowledge/skills in Policy writing, Project Management
• University engineering degree
• Health and Safety training
• Training in six sigma, lean or use of other continual improvement tools
• Familiarity with export compliance laws or related policies would be considered an asset: Quality Management Systems or Environmental Management Systems; or Occupational H&S Management Systems Training would be considered an asset
• Previous experience in the aerospace industry will be considered an asset
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!