Reporting to the General Manager, the EHS Manager provides full-time health, safety, and environmental support to company operations and will ensure that all practices follow local, state and federal environmental, health & safety regulations, and Magellan company policies. He/she ensures compliance to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard and the achievement of the organization’s environmental performance objectives. He/she monitors and measures the effectiveness of the current safety programs to improve and create new processes and procedures where needed and implement across the organization to create a safety environment that ensures ongoing compliance and continuous improvement.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Coordinate activities necessary to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental and safety regulations (includes OSHA, ISO, and Magellan internal controls)
• Oversees the organization’s environmental management system, including the internal environmental auditing program, to ensure continued compliance to the ISO 14001 standard. Reports results to senior management
• Develops and implements, through supervisors and managers, an effective EHS management system, with the associated performance tracking and measurement system to ensure environmental and safety performance targets are met
• Coordinate government reporting activities, as well as monitoring and measuring activities, which may include field testing, to support reporting requirements
• Serves as a liaison between the organization and regulatory agencies/registrars concerned with environmental control and management
• Manages the identification of occupational health & safety needs and ensures they are included in overall Company training plans. Responsible for the delivery of occupational health & safety programs (e.g. machine guarding, Safety Talks, etc...)
• Conduct regular walk-through safety inspections for all company facilities: shops, warehouses, and office facilities
• Drive a Zero Incident Culture for all employees
• Performing root cause analysis of all EHS incidents, including near misses
• Collects data and reports on all environmental, safety and accident events and document and communicates inspection results
• Walks the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish EHS presence and to provide support as needed
• Identifies and recommends solutions to hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions.
• Evaluates the organization's procedures, facilities, and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions
• Manages and organizes EHS files to ensure documentation is properly stored and readily retrievable
• May be required to handle hazardous waste
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Knowledge of HSE processes, procedures and methodology
• Minimum 5 years of Manufacturing EHS experience is required
• Knowledge of occupational safety and health legislation/regulations, fire code
• Knowledge/experience in emergency response procedures and first aid
• Experience in developing training programs
• Ability to recognize hazardous situations and recommend corrective measures
• Bilingual English-Spanish (Desired)
• As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.