endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is conducting a search for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager for a world class global manufacturer in the Louisville, KY area.
- Manage an overall risk-based safety & health program
- Integrate safety and health culture within all operations and at all levels of shop floor and management teams.
- Identify historical loss experience and statistical improvement goals for both short and long-term measurement.
- Develop processes to help assure that proper safety and health provisions are incorporated into all jobs performed at the facility, employing techniques of hazard analysis, job safety risk analysis and safe job procedures.
- Liaison with Corporate EH&S personnel to implement required protocols at the site level
- Oversee accident and near miss investigation program. Track near misses and accidents to determine injury trends and identify root cause with corrective action reviews.
- Facilitate new hire orientations and conduct annual safety & health training.
- Facilitate safety team meetings and provide training to assist in the following areas: hazard analysis, regulatory compliance standards, machine guarding, ergonomics, accident investigation and other basic H&S matters pertaining to the facility
- Develop/maintain facility Emergency Response and Evacuation program with annual evaluation drills to ensure the program’s effectiveness.
- Maintain PPE program that aligns with Plant continuous improvement objectives
- Develop a program of early intervention with all new building additions and operations to assure that operations layout, life safety, machinery and equipment, safe job procedures etc. are set up in compliance with regulatory requirements, including compliance of the Contractor H & S Program.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation cases, including but not limited to: OSHA 300 log, first report of injury documentation, scheduling, and consulting with physicians, maintaining strong relationship with Nurse Case Manager and adjustor.
- Oversee Environmental issues and concerns including all required reporting.
- Direct all stages of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Audits, including but not limited to: maintaining all documentation and protocols throughout the year, preparing staff and applicable interviewees, coordination, and scheduling of audit, accompanying auditors, mitigating findings, and providing corrective actions
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal EH&S Laws/standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in H&S or related sciences. Will consider equivalent experience.
- CSP preferred. Other Related credentials a plus e.g. CIH, OHST, ARM, ALCM, CPE.
- OSHA 30-hour certification preferred.
- Experience with managing Worker’s Compensation claims
- Ability to respond to emergencies during off-shifts
- Experience with training individuals and groups on safety and health issues
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment working with shop personnel, operations managers, supervisors, and Union officials, if applicable.
- Flexible schedule willing to work across shifts occasionally to promote safety management presence across all shifts
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in web based EH&S record keeping systems
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.