Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Environmental Engineer to join our client’s growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@zsgtalent.com
Duties of the Environmental Engineer include:
- Assisting in the development, growth and improvement of the environmental program for multiple facilities
- Maintain environmental records and executing compliance reporting requirements for air and water permits, licenses, rules, regulations and programs
- Coordinating and supporting permitting activities
- Working with, and building relationships with environmental regulators and inspectors
- ISO 14001 management and project management
- Facilitating continuous improvement related to operation and maintenance of environmental equipment and processes to include engineering, training, audits and community outreach
- Travel required between three plant locations.
- 3+ years environmental experience including environmental compliance, industrial data collection and report preparation in a heavy manufacturing environment, air pollution control and/or wastewater treatment operations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations (air, water, hazardous waste).
- Experience evaluating, creating and monitoring processes and information
- Willing to travel 50% of working time. (3 plant locations)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in environmental compliance in a manufacturing or other industrial environment
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of an ISO14001 or equivalent EMS.
Keywords: environmental engineer, environmental, environmental health and safety, environmental regulations, steel, manufacturing, conduit, tube, pipe, galvaniz, coating, paint