Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 100 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Environmental Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins, email@example.com
Duties of the Environmental Engineer include:
- Maintain compliance with all environmental reporting requirements
- Implement and manage environmental programs, including ISO 14001 and mill wide environmental training
- Actively engage with the production team to assist understanding and continuous improvement of environmental compliance
- Coordinate air, water, waste and radiation permits, licenses, rules, regulations and programs
- Participate in community outreach efforts
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical Engineering or related degree or equivalent years of applicable experience
- Experience in environmental compliance, permitting and reporting in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations (air, water, hazardous waste, and radiation)
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of an ISO14001 or equivalent EMS.
- Experience in air pollution control operations, water treatment operations, hazardous waste, and radiation
- RCRA waste generation, storage, and proper disposal knowledge
- Experience with Title V and/or NPDES permitting
- Geographically mobile for current or future career opportunities
Keywords: environmental engineer, environmental, environmental health and safety, environmental regulations, steel, manufacturing
Please select how you would like to apply for the position and follow the prompts