Reporting to the Cement Plant Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local environmental and land use laws and regulations and permitting requirements for the cement plant and quarry at this location. This position requires environmental technical knowledge, communication skills both verbal and written, and teamwork and organization skills. This is a facility’s management responsibility position at the plant which is highly visible to the surrounding community.This opportunity is perfect for the heavy industrial professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to focus on leadership of a tenured and technically knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials industry.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the plant’s team and when required with consultants to ensure environmental regulatory compliance in the facilities.
- Interface as the company advocate for environmental issues with regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction for the plant.
- Manage the plant’s environmental budget
- Assist in planning and implementation of projects to meet environmental requirements.
- Manage an environmental management system across the plant operations.
- Investigate and resolve potential compliance issues, questions, or complaints received from within the company, customers, regulatory agencies and/or the public
- Evaluate environmental compliance and ensure effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all environmental sampling, monitoring, reporting, permit renewals and record retention is successfully completed. Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures
- Train plant personnel and contractors on relevant environmental issues and regulations, including related company policies.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Successfully complete assigned training provided by Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related environmental, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- Two - five years of proven successful environmental experience in the cement, aggregate, mining, or similar industry.
- Ability to independently learn and understand technical, regulatory, and external issues regarding the environmental programs at the plant
- Ability to positively interact with regulatory agencies to ensure understanding of requirements and obtain achievable compliance requirements
- Ability to independently audit and inspect industrial operations, identifying compliant or non-compliant environmental issues, and effectively communicate those findings to management.
- Ability to independently develop, lead, and implement effective environmental and management systems to ensure full compliance.
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement systems required compliance activities to plant employees who are tasked with performing them.
- Experience and demonstrated ability managing a multi-media environmental program, including air and water quality, hazardous waste and materials, biological species issues, mining reclamation, soil and water remediation, and others.
- Ability to prepare environmental permit applications, reports, and other communications for submittal to external parties including regulatory agencies.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties in a collaborative, positive manner, representing the Company’s environmental interests.
- Competence with computing software.
- Must have and maintain a Driver’s License valid in state.
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Establish trust and relationships.
- Entrepreneurial management (i.e. consideration of long-term risks and opportunities).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Sustainable management (i.e. compliance with laws and regulations).
- Professional competence (i.e. knowledge of the industry and cross-functional understanding.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com