- Manage the ISO14001 environmental management system encompassing all environmental program areas including air, wastewater treatment and discharge, storm water, discharge to streams, spill prevention and cleanup, solid waste minimization and disposal, hazardous and special waste disposal and radiation.
- Work with the Corporate Office on environmental projects when needed.
- Interact with Federal, State and Local agencies, along with legislative bodies, trade groups, legal consultants, and other professional groups.
- Prepare and obtain necessary environmental permits, working with consulting and agency personnel to secure permit conditions preferential to the company.
- Duties include preparation of all required documentation and forms such as SARA, manifests, annual air emission inventory, and monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual reports. Documenting compliance with permit conditions through sampling, data retrieval, and records availability.
- Assist with radiation detection systems and rejections for incoming product material or scrap steel.
- Work with contractors and vendors to achieve program goals while assuring excellent value.
- Assist fellow environmental personnel in directing employees in completing daily environmental tasks.
- Provide training as needed to meet various environmental requirements.