Steel Manufacturer in the Midwest is seeking an Environmental Engineer. This individual will have direct management of the environmental program for the mill. Interaction with other divisions and support of the environmental program as a whole.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Management of any and all environmental program areas including: air, storm water, waste water, solid waste, hazardous waste, chemicals, radiation, spill prevention, etc.
- Protection of company's interests while ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Timely completion of both field work and office work.
- Support of departmental and divisional goals for safety, operating culture, our employees and our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Previous experience in an environmental role, in an industrial / manufacturing or related.
- Knowledge of industrial environmental regulations and regulatory agencies.
- Efficient communication with widely varying audiences.
- Gathering, understanding and reporting data quickly and accurately.
- Project management.
- Skills to thrive in company's culture (multi-tasking, self-direction, motivation, fast pace, etc.).
- Mini-mill / steel industry or other directly applicable work experience.
- EPA, IDEM and/or local regulatory agency experience.
- Mini-mill specific testing and/or reporting experience.