Meet with customers assigned in your territory to pursue service agreements pertaining to life safety systems and other communication systems. Work with existing sales team to grow market and gain new customer to CEC.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Revenue Production: Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referral-based strategies.
- Market Planning: Work with our marketing team for the market, territory, and/or technology in the assigned areas that is represented as provided by sales management. These plans will include activity and revenue targets with clear goal setting criteria.
- Individual Sales Planning: Work off an individual sales plan that includes the following:
- Opportunity Management
- Accurate Sales Forecasting
- Activity Matrix (prospecting, customer appointments, demos)
- Pipeline Management
- Metrics Management (quoting, orders, margin goals, close rate)
- Targets strategic customers that best fit CEC.
- Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. Understands customer’s business and leverages technologies to assist in optimization.
- Value Selling: Using a consultative selling approach to properly qualify and align the needs of the customer with the value of CEC services.
- Relationship Building: Working hard at maintaining internal and external relationships for a strong work environment. Working as a team to solve problems and provide the best solutions for our customers.
- Training: Open to learning industry standards, CEC standards and willing to be involved in continuing education.
- Other Duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of customer service experience
• Must have a valid driver’s licensePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Sales experience
• Low voltage industry knowledge
• 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited higher education school in an applicable field
• Community involvement or volunteering experiencePERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the
organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm,
wireless, and data networks.
• PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of
Excel is preferred.PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language
• The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
• Some light lifting of objects is required.
• Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively
with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
• This job is primarily located in a private office.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to
seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to
the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer