Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a 12-month fixed term Electrical Engineering (Entry Level) role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Entry Level Electrical Engineering role to join our development team. This is a 12 month fixed-term position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The Entry Level Electrical Engineering role will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Electrical Engineering position will be a member of our Space development team supporting the development of our various Space electrical products and test systems.
- Support the design, development, implementation, testing and commissioning of space products and systems, focusing on the design of analog circuitry, digital circuitry, firmware, and software.
- Develop and execute test plans for verification and acceptance of electronic units/systems.
- Perform testing of electronic circuits in a cleanroom environment.
- Generate manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Support prototype manufacture.
- Analyzing and interpreting test results and preparing summary reports.
- Liaise with vendors providing parts or performing manufacture.
- Confidently and professionally represent the Company in the presence of our customer and suppliers.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized university.
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration.
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level.
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with Engineering society.
- Experience in VHDL or Verilog design, synthesis, simulation and verification (preferably Microsemi and Xilinx FPGAs) would be considered a key asset.
- Familiarity with electrical schematic entry and layout tools would be a benefit.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to think and solve problems efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately is important.
- Familiar with common lab equipment in an electronics laboratory.
- Highly motivated team worker/leader who possesses good problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.