PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Find and development new claims talent in the industry. Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, establishment of exposure, negotiation and settlement of assigned property and casualty claims. Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly, equitably and economically within the provisions of the policy contract and in accordance with the damages presented.
• Attends a Claims School to receive Adjuster License.
• The Claims Adjuster Trainee must work for prospective employer for 1 week as a formal evaluation process.
• Must begin to prepare for any State Licensing exams required to fulfill licensing requirements in the States to be handled.
• The Claims Adjuster Trainee handles losses assigned under the supervision of his/her Manager.
• Reviews loss for purposes of coverage verification and potential exposure.
• If coverage cannot be verified, refers to Manager for further instructions and completes coverage investigation as directed.
• Contacts Insureds and Claimants and conducts an investigation into the facts of the loss as directed by Unit Manager within company guidelines for Best Practices.
• Exhibits good customer service in all aspects of claims handling.
• With the guidance of the Manager, determines liability using sound judgement and analysis of available facts.
• Answers correspondence received in conjunction with the claim in accordance with state guidelines.
• Handles all claims within the guidelines of the state to which the trainee is assigned and in conjunction with the insurance laws and any other laws applicable to that claim. Adheres to Fair Claim Practices Acts established within a respective state.
• Makes investigative reports promptly to the file with clear and concise file documentation.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with management and non-management personnel as well as insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, appraisers, doctors and other insurance carriers and state insurance departments.
• Completes or audits appraisals and verifies amounts together with any applicable medical bills, expense bills, wage forms or other items which are presented for payment consideration.
• Negotiates settlement of claims with insureds, claimants and attorneys following established, authorized settlement authority and under the guidance of the Manager, with loss payments to be entered promptly into the system.
• Must have regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four (4) year college degree required.
- Must have good computer and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have good planning and organizing skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to deal with challenging situations and people in a professional manner.