Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides the highest level of technical expertise and leadership for the Enterprise. Serves as the senior technical planning and strategy consultant and acts as the primary point of integration for all technologies. Works with senior management in defining the overall strategic direction of the enterprise’s architecture across multiple technical functional areas to ensure decisions are made that align with technical strategies and business objectives. Identifies value-driven technologies for the company and clearly understands integration and implementation strategies across IT. Provides oversight to IT Councils and gains insight from associated teams to develop technology white papers, roadmaps and position statements. Closely works with the Chief Technology Officer’s peer staff and the Enterprise Project Office in order to support strategic plans.
Knowledge of Financial systems
2 plus years' experience defining and implementing strategies under CIO or equivalent
Experience working with Financial or Insurance industry
Proven leadership and motivational skills
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or ten plus years relevant technical and analytical experience.
Requirements include the same as previous in job family plus strong technical, analytic, design and development experience.
Extensive experience in/with:
- Developing and implementing multiple architecture frameworks, models and integrated strategies to support enterprise requirements
- Multiple cross-functional technologies
- Developing technology strategies, roadmaps and position papers
- Researching and developing solutions, building consensus and implementing solutions
- Leading proof of concepts for new technologies
- Developing and presenting recommendations to executive level leadership team or members of the board
- Benchmarking against peer companies to assess organization and technology effectiveness
Strong knowledge of:
- Complex tactical infrastructure technology
- Security and control procedures
Strong leadership experience including:
- Providing technical consultation, mentoring and training to less senior staff
- Providing technical knowledge and leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
- Drive project solutions and hold project team members accountable for the successful achievement of solutions
Strong written communication skills, including, but not limited to, procedures and technical material preparation and presentation.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.