This company was founded in 1947 and is the leading manufacturer and supplier of water heating, heating, and cooking appliances for Recreational Vehicles. This company is one of the largest employers in Dayton and has great benefits and company culture. Over 70% of our client’s workforce has been with the company for 20 years or longer.
The Product Manager is responsible for product definition, planning, and execution throughout the product(s) lifecycle. The Product Manager continuously gathers and prioritizes customer requirements and defines product features and benefits based on these requirements. The Product Manager works closely with sales & marketing and engineering to define the product vision and strategy; and works closely with purchasing and operations to ensure forecasts and planning meet market demand.
- Work with sales & marketing and engineering to define products that fill line logic holes, and prioritize projects based on market demand, profitability, and company goals.
- Develop working relationships with key customer decision-makers to be invited into the customer product development process from their point of view.
- Define and oversee the product development process with engineering ensuring all customer features and serviceability are met; and ensure product launch dates are met.
- Work with engineering, purchasing and operations to define component cost and specifications and ensure these requirements are met.
- Train customer service on features and benefits and serviceability of product(s), and work with customer service to fully understand warranty exposure.
- Train sales & marketing features and benefits of the product, including technical features and benefits. Training to occur during sales meetings, trade shows, customer visits, and other salesperson visits to the factory.
- Assist marketing in the creation of collateral materials and web pages directly associated with products.
- Attend trade shows and rallies to:
- Stay in touch with our customers regarding product performance, features, and attributes.
- Identify product enhancements and improvements.
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and the features and benefits of competitive products.
- Identify new application and product opportunities.
- Be familiar with production and manufacturing engineering to understand how products are built according to specification with reliable repeatability, and identify and resolve any warranty exposure as learned from customer service
- Travel Requirements: 3-5 overnights per month on average
- BS in engineering field required
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience with water heaters, gas cooking appliances, and/or furnaces preferred
- RV experience preferred