Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
We currently have a superb opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager from a machining environment to join our team in Wrexham and develop strategy within the manufacturing engineering division. The individual will focus on developing and managing the Manufacturing Engineering team at our aerospace facility in Wrexham, which specialises in supplying of aerostructure components to major OEMs around the world. Being well-knows as a centre of excellence for the manufacture of Aluminum aerostructures components.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focused
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Define, implement and develop strategy within manufacturing engineering to improve processes in line with business objectives
- Overall responsibility for all Engineering and NC programming activities, including assembly and treatment processes
- Manage resource and budgets for the office engineering programmes
- Evaluate engineering requirements for new projects and define equipment/machine specifications
- Analyse technology in relation to market demands and plan for the feasibility of projects
- Manage the development of strategy to ensure consistent high quality of products
- Train, motivate and develop engineering team and capture best practice
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environment risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Determining resource
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with your job position.
- HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering related discipline.
- Aerospace experience is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of CNC Machining and CATIA NC Programming
- Apprentice trained Engineer with proven experience of leading teams within a machining environment
- Technical competence in CAD/CAM Programming in a precision machining environment
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering fundamentals, practices, processes and procedures
- Proven project management capabilities
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Problem Solver & decision maker
- Project Manager
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Focused and self-confident
- Results orientated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Earns respect of colleagues
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!