endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
POSITION SUMMARY: Is responsible for managing and supervising Maintenance, Manufacturing and Tool Engineering activities utilizing the AQP process, team participation, while providing technical manufacturing engineering expertise to assure and maintain effective program launches, safe, efficient and reliable manufacturing processes, with continuous process improvements as stipulated in the plants yearly objectives and strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates department activities to assure maximum effectiveness.
- Leads, manages, directs, and mentors reporting personnel in the plant engineering activities.
- Interfaces with the other Department Managers.
- Authorized to represent Production Products, Inc. at Corporate Engineering for the AQP process.
- Follow tooling programs including attending meetings and coordinating with Corporate Engineers, visits to design sources, and visits to tool/gauge build shops to verify and check on progress and compliance to design and standards.
- Authorized to buy off on completion of tool builds/modifications to assure compliance to design intent and die standards.
- Coordinate the introduction of new tooling in the plant. Interfaces with the plant departments for the first run try-out in the plant.
- Acquire engineering information related to tool program from Corporate Engineering including Process Sheets, FMEA's, Flow Charts, Part Prints, and Launch Plans.
- Coordinate die adjustments in presses, participates in Tool and Die problem solving, and supports the Production Department.
- Provide Engineering expertise, direction and assistance as required or requested to the Tool Room in resolving tooling and related problems.
- Contribute as required Tool & Process Engineering expertise to achieve plant performance objectives and LTA Cost Reduction programs.
- Authorized to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, quality system, and OSHA and Ergonomic issues.
- Authorized to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system and initiate corrective actions as necessary to comply with customer requirements within the SOP guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day legal requirements related to the Environmental Management System
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
College degree in Engineering or the equivalent experience. Must have three to five years experience with an automotive supplier.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.