The Engineering Manager will be responsible for estimating, developing and managing the day-to-day activities in the engineering department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the engineering team
- Oversight and management of product development, capital projects, new components and tooling
- Cost estimating of new products, processes, tooling and capital requirements
- Maintenance and Oversight of company intellectual assets as related to patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Provide application engineering support to the sales department and customers
- Maintain product drawings and specifications, maintain CAD software registration, support and recommend required training and hardware
- Work to identify and support ongoing cost savings opportunities using lean manufacturing principles, provide engineering resources as required to support these activities
- Provide support to the China offices and contracted factories via email, phone and in person visits
- Work in conjunction with Purchasing to develop suppliers of material and components to improve quality, cost and delivery
- Actively participate in industry organizations such as DASMA, IDA, NADCA, etc. to stay abreast of changing industry standards, regulations and ensure interests are represented
- Reporting of projects and cost estimating to Senior Management on a weekly basis
- Provide technical support to plants in regards to safety and environmental compliance and concerns
- Comply with all safety requirements and proper use of PPE
- Any other related duties related to the Quality Department as deemed necessary by Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related position along with 7 years’ experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years’ management/supervision experience
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.