Magellan Aerospace Haverhill (MAH) has an exciting opportunity for Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Division Manager, and will be responsible for technical support of manufacturing operations for the facility, as well as supporting the long-term goals and objectives of MAH and its parent company, Magellan Aerospace Corporation. Tasks associated with this activity include new product introduction, shop floor support, process improvement, assuring cost targets are met, quoting and estimating, technical customer interface, and incorporating new manufacturing technologies. To accomplish this activity, the Engineering Manager will focus on directing, coordinating, managing, and supporting the activities of the MAH Manufacturing Engineering and CNC Programming departments.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Direct new product introduction activity to develop robust manufacturing processes in a timely fashion to meet our customer’s expectations as well as our internal business goals.
• NPI activity to include material procurement, manufacturing process, tool and fixture design and acquisition, CNC programming, and inspection plans.
• Assure that finished product meets all appropriate customer configuration and quality requirements.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining manufacturing engineering standards for process sheets, tool sheets, CNC programs, etc.
• Support quality and manufacturing initiatives from technical perspective Review cost of current production products and identify areas for cost improvement.
• Review request for quotations for compatibility with MAC’s goals, detail special processes required, provide labor estimates and assure that quotations and bid proposals are completed and submitted in a timely fashion
• Manage continuous improvement program for manufacturing processes.
• Identify new industry technologies and incorporate them as necessary to provide cost quality, or delivery improvements.
• Participate in the strategic planning process.
• Manage Engineering direct reports to assure that all related tasks are accomplished in a timely fashion.
• Identify and articulate technical direction to operational organization.
• Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by Manager
• Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from Manager
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree, advanced degree preferred.
• 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience. 5 years of supervisory experience.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!