endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
As an Engineering Manager, you will be accountable for managing the maintenance of the plant’s production equipment, furnace, electrical systems, building and grounds. Ensures plant is in compliance with environmental and safety regulations. In this role, you will place an emphasis on providing a committed and high level of technical service, working in partnership with the Finished Products Manager and Production Manager to produce products at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency.
- Conducts periodic inspection of all plant systems, equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Oversees all changes or upgrades.
- Ensures preventive maintenance is followed on production equipment by scheduling repairs and upgrades while simultaneously working to maximize plant uptime.
- Supervises training of personnel to ensure all crafts (electrical, hydraulic and mechanical) have the required level of expertise. Ensures efficiency and high standards are maintained.
- Communicates and directs the application of prescribed safety and environmental regulations.
- Consults with and provides information and guidance to engineering personnel on projects related to plant systems, furnace, building and grounds.
- Coordinates and directs outside contracting work associated with plant system, furnace and facility.
- Prepares estimates and specifications of plant projects, determining crew size, trades involved and materials required to complete projects.
- Ensure departmental personnel are properly trained and provided with appropriate development as required
- Carry out, with involvement of floor personnel, weekly/monthly workplace safety inspections
- Ensure safety corrective actions are implemented
- Investigate all accidents or safety incidents within the Plant, ensuring proper “root cause analysis” to provide remedial action to prevent reoccurrence
- Champion energy savings initiations
- Ensure effective management of department budget
- Support job change initiatives to improve performance
- Remain consistent with lean six sigma principles, ensure the development of a continuous improvement culture within the Plant by involving relevant salary and hourly workforce in the on going identification, development and implementation of improvements to the manufacturing process / performance, ie: implementation of lean six sigma principles.
- May oversee plant apprenticeship program
As a Engineering Manager, you will report to the Plant Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field required OR equivalent years of experience in an Engineering role.
- 8-11 years of experience in maintenance or engineering management position
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more…
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.