Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manger
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Within this role you will be responsible for the motivation and productivity of the Manufacturing Engineering team at Blackpool. A centre of excellence for the manufacture of hard metal aerostructures components supplying major OEM’s around the world. The site has a turnover of circa £12 million and employs just over 100 staff.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Determining resource and budgets for the office engineering programmes
- Responsible for all Engineering & NC activities
- Responsible for configuration control department
- Carries out appraisals ensuring all staff have meaningful objectives and all permanent engineering staff have personal development plans which are reviewed regularly
- Present monthly Engineering KPl's to the Business Review
- Responsible for evaluation of engineering requirements of new projects including defining new machine/equipment specifications.
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility¬ of projects.
- Managing the development of technical strategies, documents1 contracts, processes and specifications to ensure quality, consistency and efficiency in all technical engineering activities.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all ISO standards and customer specifications
- Capture best practices and deploy into departmental standard practices
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Support customer meetings and provide technical input as required
- Generate team performance KPl's and report regularly to engineering management
- Working closely with all other departments to ensure that key company performance parameters can be monitored and assessed on a regular basis
- Carry out additional duties as may be occasionally required by the Division Manager/Engineering Director
Key focus for Blackpool: Ensuring current processes are maintained/developed in line with business strategy. Re-engineering, Identify new opportunities for cost savings, focus on specific projects such as inspections/timing/speed of current processes, program manage volume of parts, uplifting programs etc.
- Undergone a time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- Degree qualified in a related discipline
- Precision Engineering industry experience, desirably within aerospace
- Technical competence in CAD/CAM programming in a precision machining environment
- Can display people management and leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of Multi-discipline Engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
- Experience of working within a global / corporate operating system
- Minimum 15 years related work experience
- Knowledge of aircraft parts, specifications and standards
- Competent with Microsoft Office Packages and Microsoft Project
- Competent with SAP, MRP/ERP systems
- Professional – comfortable on the shop floor or in the board room
- Business minded, articulate, excellent planner
- Can communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to all demographics within the business.
- Commercially aware, understands the wider organisation, function and structure.
- Process driven
- Experience in project management is desirable
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!