This role will lead the New Product Development (NPD) team and will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of residential and commercial HVAC products that meet or exceed best-in-class performance and reliability targets across multiple platforms and product families, as well as manufacturing support for existing products.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Lead multiple NPD projects and sustaining initiatives throughout the complete product development cycle.
- Lead design, optimization and qualification of HVAC systems employing advanced analytical methods and experimental techniques.
- Assume ownership for maintenance and updates for engineering drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Manage product qualification and agency compliance test programs.
- Assume responsibility for reliability growth and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Conduct analytical studies employing state-of-the-art simulation tools.
- Ensure design quality, supporting your calculations and design proposals.
- Support manufacturing, sales & marketing, quality, and supply chain functions.
- Interface with vendors, customers, and field personnel.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the engineering team and technical personnel.
- Conduct presentations for technical and business personnel.
- Participate in regulatory committees for equipment and system level applications.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and developing employees; planning, allocating and directing work assignments; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Related Field. MS Preferred.
- 10 years design & project experience preferred. 3 years prior experience leading teams preferred.
- Experience with state-of-the-art simulation tools.
- Familiar with computer programming languages.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite products.
Certificates & Licenses:
- None required.
- EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Certification – Universal, is a plus.
Click here to apply online
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC system design and applications; intimate familiarity with the systems component design, integration, and interactions.
- Expert in the New Product Development (NPD) process, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and heat exchanger design.
- Hands-on skills and experience in working with laboratory equipment, test stands and instrumentation.
- Expert on industry standards and agency compliance.
- Knowledge of air management & aeroacoustics and structural analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing methods used in HVAC&R field; industrial experience is a plus but not required.
- Comprehensive knowledge with system controls, sequence of operations and electrical wiring methods.
- Intimate familiarity with data acquisition, advanced experimental techniques, instrumentation, calibration, measurement systems, uncertainty analysis and DoE concepts.