The Manager, Engineering is responsible for leading and supervising all aspects of designing and developing new products, identifying innovative products, taking cost out of products, and assuring excellent product reliability.
This position will be located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide direct supervision over engineers with skills in electrical, design and manufacturing. Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Possess a strong technical understanding of division product line. Including understanding different field requirements and environmental factors for successful installations.
- Lead compliance efforts division.
- Develop new designs and interact with manufacturing to develop the products.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to product development.
- Generate engineering documentation e.g. specification, layouts, BOM and qualification reports.
- Work closely with Production team to develop assembly processes and provide technical support to assist in production line set-up/flow.
- Partner with Test and Quality team to conduct design verification and qualification testing to qualify the design and production parts.
- Work with third-party suppliers and production staff to develop solutions and execute design changes to optimize production process and cost savings.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and key management reports.
- Oversees controls over engineering documents.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on project status throughout the organization.
- Provide direct supervision over assigned staff. Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
WHAT YOU NEED
Click here to apply online
- 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- 2-4 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Technical depth in Mechanical and Electrical concepts with a constant focus on the manufacturability of design under the considerations of volume manufacturing.