endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large Manufacturing Company located in Kalamazoo Michigan is looking for a The Engineering Manager that will be directly responsible for the supervision, formulation, administration and coordination of all engineering projects, new product launches, policies, processes, methods and procedures designed to improve & maintain operating performance, reduce waste & delays. He is also responsible for developing, administering & promoting cost reductions on a company-wide basis.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for developing administering and promoting cost reductions on a company wide basis.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Activities involve using time-study or standard data for a variety of machine assembly and hand operations, production methods, equipment layout, material handling and manpower, equipment and material utilization in order to improve operating performance
- Root cause determination of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D01
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Engineering Management experience working in an automotive manufacturing environment
- 8 years in a manufacturing environment and at least 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Must be have a working knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing and its tools, kaizen, Kanban, standard work etc.
- Familiar with TS 16949, IATF or ISO/QS 14000
- Full working knowledge of APQP process, flowcharts, work instructions, and control plans.