An immediate opportunity for an Engineering Manager based in Toledo, OH. This position will report to the Global Director of Research and Development. Need design experience in the areas of electro-mechanical device.
As part of a new product development team, this position is responsible for the development and improvement of electrostatic powder application technology for the Transportation, Industrial, Wood, and Protective Coatings markets. The engineering manager will provide overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the powder application development team to deliver innovative customer focused solutions while assuring all key performance goals are met
- Translate overall R&D strategy & goals to the department to deliver effective day-to-day guidance and execution.
- In conjunction with Product Management and Marketing, drive the identification of customer focused product solutions by translating market trends, customer feedback, and competitive information into new product development projects delivering a clear value proposition and competitive advantage.
- Lead team in the design, development, and testing of new or improved products, using design specifications and company processes.
- Manage stage gate reviews, design reviews, and project schedules for each phase of the design process, including supervision of the project team when assigned.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma and project management disciplines to improve efficiency, consistency, and synergy throughout the global R&D team and other functions.
- Ensure compliance and quality through documentation management, engineering drawings, and change control, and support development or improvement of engineering processes and tools.
- Manage resource allocation aligned with project priorities and timelines.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration to deliver improved engineering excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering personnel to enable practical, efficient, and cost-effective designs.
- Recruit, mentor, develop, and engage talent, ensuring team capabilities and skill sets are aligned with the current and future portfolio needs while effectively leveraging global engineering skills and resources.
Qualifications & Skills
- BSME degree minimum, MSME a plus
- Seven to ten years of product development and/or design experience in the areas of electro-mechanical devices, manufacturing, or application engineering
- Injection mold process understanding a plus
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.