Expert in one or more technology stack - Java / .NET / C++ / etc. Must have end to end experience of executing one project as Solution Architect.
To envision, lead and develop fit for purpose, integrated end- to end technical solutions across multiple technologies for the organisation, through inspirational technical leadership and visionary long-term thinking. Provide leadership across multiple initiatives guiding engineering lead practitioners to achieve product / programme alignment.Role
- Analyse problems and formulate solution based on organisations boundaries, architectures and constraints: Needs to be achievable and operational, must push boundaries when required and continuously push for improvements
- Design detail solution architecture using new technologies in consultation using the patterns approved by Enterprise Architecture and technology domain SME’s. Design with a holistic, robust and sustainable mindset. Apply a product management mindset (long term thinking)
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to identify the right technologies to be used in the applications
- Work with technology domain SME’s to shape, contribute and to integrate a solution across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment
- Take proposed solutions through relevant governance forums and obtain acceptance for solutions from relevant specialists (domain or technology)
- Collaborate and communicate and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Decomposition of the solution and assisting with the scheduling/sequencing work and identification of resourcing needs
- Flesh out designs and contribute to functional and non-functional requirements
- Assist software designers with lower level designs
- Troubleshoot issues relating to technical delivery
- Keep abreast of the technical landscape on how it fits together
- Understand constraints and risk and make the necessary trade-offs
- Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Craft the end to end solution taking into consideration: people, technology, systems and data
- Future proof end to end solutions as far as possible within the organisation constraints
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in development and design (Application, Infrastructure, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience).
- Information Technology Architect Certification (ITAC) (Open Group).
- Togaf Certification, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) or equivalent
- Solid practical software engineering, programming and design experience
- Experience with the solution engineering of Banking applications in an integrated Banking environment
- Strong technical acumen on how the technical landscape fits together: Broad understanding of end to end landscape, specialisation in one domain
- Hands on experience with following technology stack: CICS, Cobol, JCL, MQ, JSON, REST, DB2
- Experience in end to end system, security, integration and infrastructure design
- Architectural thinking
- Strong financial background either fintech banking start-up or financial e-commerce
- Technical leadership: mentoring, coaching and developing a talent pipeline
- A proven track record in decision making
- Troubleshooting in software solution development
- DevOps experience and exposure to agile methodologies
- Experience in technical design modelling and methods
- Require a broad understanding of end to end landscape and specialisation in one or more domains
- Exposure to Support and Maintenance
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201864 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .