Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a reliable and hard-working Engineering Lab Technician. As a key member of our team, the successful individual will conduct certifications; test new and existing products; and document results. This position performs hands-on testing including metallographic sample preparation and review. Examination of test results and incorporate results to reports and certifications.
- Performs destructive mechanical testing at ambient, cryo, and elevated temperature, including rotating beam fatigue, tensile, flexure, compression, tension and shear tests.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications and drawings. Performs periodic chemical and solids testing for process control in clean line, penetrant, welding, brazing, and heat treat areas.
- Basic housekeeping with the use of conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums) Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-year Associate/Technology degree, preferably in materials testing and laboratory procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k & Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.