endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Engineering Director will implement the product strategies in refrigeration, air conditioning and electrification. He/she will lead all aspects of the development, integration, planning, technical oversight, and execution of all division products. He/she will be responsible for the product development roadmap and alignment with both product strategies and technology roadmaps. He/she will facilitate the leadership of cross functional teams, while driving the development of refrigeration, air conditioning, air purification, power electronic product families and alignment between power electronics, motor design, software and controls, calibration, application engineering and system architecture organizations. He/she will assess the market for competitive intelligence and technology trends with recommendations for specific actions to develop new growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative technology strategy in a timely and cost-effective manner, leading to customer satisfying designs, development, testing and manufacturability of new product applications
- Develop and implement an Engineering Product Planning strategy to direct our development and engineering resources to provide for the new generation products, product systems, markets and the growth, and profitability of products
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with customers, top leadership, product peers and broader engineering teams, research, business, and design to define product requirements and architecture, to ensure business growth and expansion.
- Drive alignment across cross-functional teams across in meeting program objectives and ensuring product cost, manufacturability, quality and go-to-market strategies are met
- Focus on the development of talent within the organization to ensure that a robust pipeline of skilled leaders is available to meet the expected growth of the organization.
- Effectively communicate expectations of performance and manage, evaluate, monitor, and develop the employees under the incumbent’s influence/control to ensure their maximum contribution to the achievement of the company strategy and business goals
- Provide technology leadership, engineering guidance, and mentoring to the product and competency teams
- Provide development of high-level design involving mechanical & electrical / power electronics / hardware design and interface designs resulting in optimize designs for our customers.
- Develop advanced technologies and product concepts that will be necessary to compete in the specific Engineering group’s businesses and demonstrate our capabilities to customers
- Demonstrate and ensure team compliance to New Product Development and Design Control procedures as well as other applicable company procedures
- Identify opportunities and actions to improve the development process efficiency, encompassing both procedures and equipment
- Foster the collaborative development environment for project teams.
- MS / PhD in Mechanical, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Greater than 15 years’ experience in multi-disciplinary areas of automotive industry with broad engineering experience in complex systems with mechatronics, electrical machines and software, with a proven track record of success in product design and development
- 8+ years in direct management experience
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or electrified vehicles is an asset
- Strong leadership presence and command skills
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team with strong team building and motivational skills
- Demonstrated excellence in technical presentation, conceptual and analytical skills, with the capability to make decisions and influence others of the validity of those decisions
- Excellent capability to effectively communicate and clearly articulate strategic product / technology roadmaps
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; able to leverage the knowledge of subject matter experts to come to a point of view and navigate a path forward
- Strong visionary approach to further develop our people, organization, and product strategy
- Demonstrated strength in conflict management
- Working knowledge and experience with acquisition integration initiatives and synergistic activities
- Willingness to travel extensively and be on call is preferred, with ability to travel 30% of the time
- Experience working internationally with cross-cultural teams required
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.