Magellan Aerospace, Haley, a leading Canadian aerospace company, has a co-op term employment opportunities for Engineering Technology/Technician students. The Co-op term is 4-18 months.
This position will support the Process Engineering group in the development and management of the defect mapping system and support 3D metrology projects. The successful applicants will gain experience through on-the-job training and by performing essential work duties for Magellan. These positions will work closely with Engineers, Technologists, and other Company personnel. Task team participation for the purpose of implementing new systems and/or processes, including creation of suitable written procedures and work instructions, may be required.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Perform tasks to support defect mapping software and other 3D metrology projects.
• Prepare CAD models for defect mapping software, model splitting and create internal views.
• Software support, working with software supplier and internal departments.
• Training operators, troubleshooting issues.
• Maintain and adhere to project timeline.
• Experience/participation in engineering related activities and SolidWorks or CAD drafting/ design experience will be considered an asset
• Engineering student at an accredited Canadian college/university
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!