SUMMARY: Develop customer relationships while projecting a positive and professional image. Maintain competitive and accurate bids within our Fire and Security division. Act as an extension to the sales force interfacing with customers, Electricals, Plan Rooms, and Engineers/Consultants for accurate information; assuring the execution and accuracy of all project bids.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively conduct pre-bid walkthroughs (site survey) capturing all information required to accurately estimate material quantities and labor; touring customer sites, measuring and documenting distances and ceiling heights, verifying cable pathways, and documenting site conditions that affect the installation and performance of CEC systems
- Coordinate resources and prepare internal “Quotations” complete with bill of materials, CEC labor, detailed Scope of Work, subcontract, travel, and any other rental or special equipment needed
- Create detailed job file information, including job notes, drawings, and any other information needed to provide CEC staff with accurate project information
- Work with Engineering staff to assure optimum system designs
- Generate drawings for pre and/or post sales projects, coordinate efforts from Engineering and Drafting
- Conduct engineering reviews of projects and prepare project submittals
- Act as a point of contact for CEC field staff to direct all project related installation questions, concerns, issues, and change orders, coordinate with sales and engineering
- Maintain/develop an accurate and current bidding tool and templates such as bid book/spread sheet (labor units)
- Maintain ownership for the accuracy of all project bids
- Other duties as assigned by CEC Management
- Two year college degree from an accredited college or university, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Industry related Fire and/or Security certifications: NICET I, NICET II, NICET Fire, or other fire/security related professional recognitions.
- 2+ years of experience within the low voltage industries of fire alarm, intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of goals for a highly complex organization such as CEC.
- Course work in Engineering or Business is desirable.
- Able to read and work from blueprints, drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Working knowledge of communications systems including data, voice, video, and wireless systems
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Knowledge of CEC administrative procedures
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse customer groups to resolve conflicts
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations well, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to present information to large groups with confidence.
- Proficiency with personal computers with ability to use Microsoft Projects
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job required the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some moderate lifting is required.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is requires some travel in area
- The noise level in the work environment varies from job site to job site.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply